The What Song Are You Listening To Thread

For non-sports-related posts. Because we really can't stand talking about sports!
Earl

Re: The What Song Are You Listening To Thread

Post by Earl »

"He's a Rebel" by The Crystals (45 rpm) (early 1960s)

I'm so reactionary.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Earl

Post by Earl »

"Little Children" by Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas (summer of '64)

... from a more innocent time
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Earl

Post by Earl »

Barbara Lewis - "Hello Stranger" (1963)

Earl

Post by Earl »

The Four Tops - "Bernadette" (1967)

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Right now, I'm listening to the voices in my head.

They're saying . . .

KILL!!! KILL!!! KILL!!!

KILL ALL THE JOCKS!!!

So, I'm going to put a Mozart CD in my computer, and maybe the voices will go away.

Yeah! Everything going to be OK now.
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Fat Man wrote:Right now, I'm listening to the voices in my head.

They're saying . . .

KILL!!! KILL!!! KILL!!!

KILL ALL THE JOCKS!!!

So, I'm going to put a Mozart CD in my computer, and maybe the voices will go away.

Drop the knife, drop it! Okay, now pick up the Fat Man... pick it up... activate it...
HULK SMASH SPORTS JOCK'S HEAD! OWWWW, HULK HURT HAND!

The Golden Rule: DO feed the troll!

Crappy school but better than sports related schools...

Fat Man
The Fat Man Judgeth
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA, 3rd Planet, Sol System, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Somewhere in The Cosmos!

Post by Fat Man »

Sergey wrote:
Fat Man wrote:Right now, I'm listening to the voices in my head.

They're saying . . .

KILL!!! KILL!!! KILL!!!

KILL ALL THE JOCKS!!!

Drop the knife, drop it! Okay, now pick up the Fat Man... pick it up... activate it...
Don't worry.

I just finished listening to almost 2 hours of Mozart.

The voice in my head are gone now.

Everything is OK now! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ImageI'm fat and sassy! I love to sing & dance & stomp my feet & really rock your world!

All I want to hear from an ex-jock is "Will that be paper or plastic?" After that he can shut the fuck up!
Heah comes da judge! Heah comes da judge! Order in da court 'cuz heah comes da judge!

Earl

Post by Earl »

Stevie Wonder - "Creepin'" (1974)

Earl

Post by Earl »

The Dooby Brothers - "Another Park, Another Sunday" (1974)

Earl

Post by Earl »

The Temptations - "The Way You Do the Things You Do" (1964)

(I love this song!)

Katrin
Location: Urgh! Why do you want to know where I live! Don't make me get the gun out!

Post by Katrin »

Have to say Earl, I'm very glad to see someone else with a passion for old music! A lot of it is older than I am but I'll make sure to check some of it out! The charts nowadays are shit and I always make sure to avoid the flocks of sheep bleating for the latest Rihanna or Lady GaGa material. It is great to know there are others around who don't just listen to what's hot at the moment and actually stand by the tracks they've grown to truly love. Shame that few people now don't ignore the mindless herd.
Best guestbook comment ever!:

I THINK ALL SPORTS ARE TOTAL RUBBISH. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM TV. THEN ALL PEOPLE WHO TAKE PART IN THE SPORTS SHOULD BE PUT AGAINST A WALL AND SHOT AND KILLED.

- Glenn
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Polite24
Sports Bore

Post by Polite24 »

I love old music, especially groups like the Temptations, Four Tops, etc.

However, it's I always found it pretty ignorant of people when they automatically assume new artists don't have talent, just because they're new.

It's two different generations, two different styles of music. I like Motown much more than Rihanna or Lady Gaga, but it's ignorant to say they don't have to talent, or to dismiss new music, because there is good new music, no matter what genre you prefer.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Katrin wrote:Have to say Earl, I'm very glad to see someone else with a passion for old music! A lot of it is older than I am but I'll make sure to check some of it out! The charts nowadays are shit and I always make sure to avoid the flocks of sheep bleating for the latest Rihanna or Lady GaGa material. It is great to know there are others around who don't just listen to what's hot at the moment and actually stand by the tracks they've grown to truly love. Shame that few people now don't ignore the mindless herd.
Thanks for the compliment, Katrin! These are all songs that I grew up with. I always loved the music, and listening to these songs now brings back memories (many of them not so happy, but that's okay). I heard a few of them when I was in elementary school. I first started listening to rock stations full-time in the late summer of 1963 just before I started my 7th-grade year in junior high (despite the lack of enthusiasm my mother had for rock). (Perhaps I was rebelling just a little bit.) And just in time for the British Invasion (hooray)! I'm 59 years old. Probably the oldest member of the forum. For some reason I began to lose interest in new rock during the 1980s. In another post I'll recommend a number of songs that you might like. Of course, my preferences may not always be the same as yours; but you might like many of them.
Polite24 wrote:I love old music, especially groups like the Temptations, Four Tops, etc.

However, it's I always found it pretty ignorant of people when they automatically assume new artists don't have talent, just because they're new.

It's two different generations, two different styles of music. I like Motown much more than Rihanna or Lady Gaga, but it's ignorant to say they don't have to talent, or to dismiss new music, because there is good new music, no matter what genre you prefer.
Hi, Polite24! Hope you're doing well. I like the Motown sound too, and grew up with it. As for new music, I'm always willing to listen to any songs my daughters recommend because I know they have good taste (sometimes more than I do). My younger daughter introduced me to a few Coldplay songs that I liked.

Lewis

Post by Lewis »

Two of Cups-Breathe