pop music sucks

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
wibberley

Re: pop music sucks

Post by wibberley »

Well ,somebody say something, for heavens sake!
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

Am I talking to myself?
Earl

Post by Earl »

I'm here, but now you're gone. Sorry. Be patient, my friend. Someone will respond. That's just the nature of board messaging.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

You need to wait more than ten minutes between posts for someone to respond. People aren't on here 24/7 and not everybody has something to say on a subject. Calm down.
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:Well ,somebody say something, for heavens sake!
Oh no, sorry Wibberley! I have failed you! :cry:
Well, last night was one of those rare nights I was not submitting posts on here. I was watching a film instead - The Last Samurai. Most riveting stuff, loads of gruesome violence but 150 minutes definitely well-spent! 8)
I know how you feel, getting annoyed when nobody answers your posts. Heck, I feel the same way when I submit these huge responses of mine to certain topics (or as the 4channers call them, "mini-essays") but I understand that this is not my board and I have no right to order people to answer my posts. Perhaps they prefer a quick, witty response to a short post instead of feeling they have to fully address a long, insightful post when one has just been put up. People these days do prefer taking the short route. That's why text speak was invented.
You don't have to answer my post but it would be kind if you did! Make me a happy man, cause Valentine's Day won't do it for me. :D

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
Snesgamer

Post by Snesgamer »

I agree with what you say about pop music in general, but come on, ROCK?

In terms of pop music, rap is far more annoying. Almost like sports, in fact. No substance (computer-generated simplistic and repeating beats, lyrics about violence and "bling", etc.) and far too much of a following.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Snesgamer wrote:I agree with what you say about pop music in general, but come on, ROCK?

In terms of pop music, rap is far more annoying. Almost like sports, in fact. No substance (computer-generated simplistic and repeating beats, lyrics about violence and "bling", etc.) and far too much of a following.
Rap is irritating, very much so, but the type of music I hate the most is screamo.
Rap may be talentless and encourage teenagers to believe that crime, drugs and misogyny are acceptable, but at least the lyrics are discernable (even though there is nothing to gain from actually understanding any of that drivel!) and the music videos can at times be pretty flash and slick. I could probably tolerate the videos on mute.
Screamo is just awful. Listen to a song called "Get Crunk" by Brokencyde and you will see how it requires absolutely no vocal talent whatsoever and the lyrics seriously can't be discerned without the aid of someone typing them up first. I don't even think that song has proper lyrics. Just people shouting the same things over and over again.
Screamo is a disgrace to the world of music. I am glad to know that Brokencyde are hated by just about everyone who hears their music. Check out their Wikipedia page.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

Does Susan Sarendon hate sports then?Reply please,I want to know.
rotten

Post by rotten »

If you like 1920's crooners you should watch this. It's footage from the "Monsters of Megaphone" tour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PlhJOzH0gY
Where the gym teacher was always mad, And as far as we could tell, he only exercised his right to yell - Josh Joplin Group- Dutch Wonderland
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, coach.
rotten

Post by rotten »

wibberley wrote:Does Susan Sarendon hate sports then?Reply please,I want to know.
Um, she's not a member of this site, so i wouldn't know. Maybe you could call her and ask. She was in at least one sports movie, though that was just acting of course.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

I like rock, but not modern pop. I listen to the stuff way out on the fringes, some of it approaching kind of a country/bluegrass/dance fusion type stuff, and old 70s punk is good. I also like twee. Oh and i don't like sports (mostly just the attitudes that goes along with sports)
Where the gym teacher was always mad, And as far as we could tell, he only exercised his right to yell - Josh Joplin Group- Dutch Wonderland
Earl

Post by Earl »

Hi, wibberley. Hope you're doing well. Why do you want to know if Susan Sarandon hates sports? I'm just curious. She seems to be mainly concerned about politics.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

wibberley

Post by wibberley »

THE reason I asked about SUsan SArenden is that isnt there apicture of her on our site stuff crediting her as 2THE PATRON OF SPORTS HATERS" ? uNLESS ,OF COURSE,i'M MISTAKEN,WHICH ISNT IMPROBABLE.
Earl

Post by Earl »

Oh, you were referring to the facial portrait of the young woman that appears when you click on the "Links" logo (after you have first clicked on "Links" on the first page of the website), the picture titled "The Patron Saint of Sports Haters" and subtitled "Our Lady of Perpetual Intelligence." I had wondered who it was myself when I first saw it. I have no idea who it might be. Might not be anyone in particular. I think Ray, the site Admin, would be able to answer your question. I would suggest asking him in a PM. You might get a quicker response that way.

rotten

Post by rotten »

Yeah, i never saw that there. It is Susan Sarandon and from the movie Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm guessing someone just put that image up as a joke. She just looks saintly in it.

So, did you watch the "monsters of megaphone"?
Earl

Post by Earl »

Who? Me or wibberley? I don't even know who the "monsters of megaphone" are. (Gotta go.)