pop music sucks

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
The Imperialist

Re: pop music sucks

Post by The Imperialist »

Hmmm....
Well, one thing is, please stick to grammatical convention. Not having capital letters in the beginning of sentences is rather annoying.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

The Imperialist wrote:Hmmm....
Well, one thing is, please stick to grammatical convention. Not having capital letters in the beginning of sentences is rather annoying.
Well, let them type how they want - it's a free country, isn't it? Well, depends on where you live, but I'm sure there's no law against typing in all lower-case letters on the internet. I don't do it myself but as long as the post is readable, it'll pass. But if you're going to call somebody else stupid or make a comment on the idiocy of the world in general or certain individuals and groups, then it would be advisable to use proper grammar and spelling yourself so you don't look a complete hypocritical tool. Just a tip for any illiterate sports fans who want to call us stupid for not liking sports but who can't seem to form a proper sentence themselves.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

some people on here are saying reasonable people like sports as if that somehow endorses it.does a resonable person who is extreme right wing or ultra racist,are their views acceptablr.it is acknowledged that they have that view and i dont stand in their way for one second,but as far as i am concerned even if all sports were liked by the most reasonable people that would not make sports any better in my view.sports in themselves suck,they are just plainly wrong.the idea of humiliating them by defeating them in a game is morrally repugnant.true,this view doesnt win me ANY friends but as far as i can see anyone who watches or engages in sports needs to get help
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:some people on here are saying reasonable people like sports as if that somehow endorses it.does a resonable person who is extreme right wing or ultra racist,are their views acceptablr.it is acknowledged that they have that view and i dont stand in their way for one second,but as far as i am concerned even if all sports were liked by the most reasonable people that would not make sports any better in my view.sports in themselves suck,they are just plainly wrong.the idea of humiliating them by defeating them in a game is morrally repugnant.true,this view doesnt win me ANY friends but as far as i can see anyone who watches or engages in sports needs to get help
I don't like the way people humiliate others for "losing" in sports either. Especially when someone is bragging to another person about how the team they support beat the team the other person support. This is pathetic. They're taking credit for things they've not even done and having the audacity to refer to themselves as "We". "HAHAHA WE BEAT YOU! YOU SUCK!" No, you did not beat him. Your team beat his team... in a ball game. It is stupid, I know, and the fact that this sort of attitude is accepted as normality today is... slightly worrying for us non-sports fans. Like, are we all supposed to go round pretending we have some part to play in a great sports victory? Is this what is expected of a "normal person"? Do we have to bring down others just because their team isn't quite as good as the team "we" may support? This is another thing I don't like about sports. The fact that many people think they're actually involved in the victory of the day, when all they've done is sit, drink beer, eat pies and swear every time something goes wrong for "their" team.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

wibberley

Post by wibberley »

there is a wonderful picture on this site that shows a stadium being blown to oblivion.for a site like this that is how it should be,and yet some people are saying my views are o.t.t and yet i candidly tell people that i think that this should happen to all stadiums and they give me sidelong glances and give me a wide berth.What we really should be trying to get to the bottom of is that i have turned 45 and still never had a girlfriend.now that is a real conumdrum
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Well, if you've had a birthday recently, congratulations and I hope you enjoyed it. I turned 29 a couple of months back and I still live on my own. But wibberley, if you're interested in getting a girlfriend, I have some tips for you here... join a sports team! Yes, now that's guaranteed success! The girls like a man who can handle his balls... in more than one way! :lol: Well, I know it completely goes against what you think and you'll probably bite my head off for it, but sometimes you've got to take the rough with the smooth. See the silver lining to the dark cloud. Just think... kick that ball around well enough and your girlfriend might allow you to cheat on her! Yes, it's a possibility!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

wibberley

Post by wibberley »

t hanks 1981 you are a real port in a storm.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:t hanks 1981 you are a real port in a storm.
Okay. Well, I wouldn't be too eager to trust my advice. Especially when it comes to women. But nonetheless, it is a course of action which has worked for many others. And our world nowadays is so messed up that it's actually possible to get paid millions of pounds a year just for kicking round a ball. Remember - if there's a chance, it could happen for you!

Every time I mention to some of my sports-loving colleagues that these people shouldn't be getting paid such inordinate amounts of money for such a trivial, light-hearted task as playing football, I keep getting fed the same bullshit like "Oh, people like to watch it. Oh, they have to train really hard. Oh, they're famous." BIG FUCKING DEAL! These professional sports players should at least have the decency to hold full time, proper jobs like everybody else and not get paid such ridiculous amounts for playing a game ONCE A WEEK. Wayne Rooney makes about 6 times as much in a week as I do in a year. And I actually go to work every day, provided I'm well, and work a full day. All he does is chase a ball on a Saturday for 90 minutes' playing time. The rest of that time he's just living the high life in his million-pound residence and having a lovely time, going on holidays, and even getting paid and featured in newspapers for that. IT'S ABSURD, I TELL YOU!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Okay. Well, I wouldn't be too eager to trust my advice. Especially when it comes to women. But nonetheless, [athletic endeavour] is a course of action which has worked for many others. And our world nowadays is so messed up that it's actually possible to get paid millions of pounds a year just for kicking round a ball. Remember - if there's a chance, it could happen for you!
I have heard learning to dance well also renders one very attractive to women. Buy all the latest Paramore, Lady Gaga and new-age trance MP3s, and think of some dance moves that would work well with those tracks. If you listen to 80s music they will just ignore you. :wink:

--RF
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Erm... you are aware of my thoughts on all the bands you mentioned in your post, right? To be honest, I think I'd rather be single than have to endure the pain of inventing dance moves to that stuff. Even if I did try, I'd only get laughed at. Sorry, I'm still holding out in the hopes that there is a woman out there who shares my unrelenting enthusiasm for the tunes of old. As of now, I haven't got a clue where she may be, but I know she must be out there somewhere...

Best regards,
i_like_1981

recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

i_like_1981 wrote:Erm... you are aware of my thoughts on all the bands you mentioned in your post, right?
Oh yeah, don't worry, I picked those tunes to make my advice as unpalatable as possible. God forbid you would actually act on that advice as far as the specific type of music was concerned, since I myself would never act on it. :)

--RF

PS--But according to a very smart woman I once knew, there is some sense in the "dancing" part. See my next post...

(I'll be back in an hour or so to write more.)
recovering_fan

Post by recovering_fan »

recovering_fan wrote:... according to a very smart woman I once knew, there is some sense in the "dancing" part. See my next post...

(I'll be back in an hour or so to write more.)
What she told me was this:

Sometimes women seem incomprehensible because at times they appear impressed by athletes and at other times by sensitive guys who like things like salsa dancing. Why? The connection, she said, was that women liked to be with men who were comfortable in their own skin--in their own bodies. Both activities I mentioned served as proof that a guy was comfortable in his own skin.

Honestly, her advice frustrates me, because I know that if I took lessons in salsa dancing I would be awkward as heck and might irritate my partner with my unease. But I've given lessons some thought.

As far as Lady Gaga was concerned, that was just silly.

Later,
recovering_fan
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

Well its good to be back on the site again after so long in absence. One book i was reading was saying that all music from the 1930's should be buried in the dust. i think all music after 1948 should be nuked to oblivion.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:Well its good to be back on the site again after so long in absence. One book i was reading was saying that all music from the 1930's should be buried in the dust. i think all music after 1948 should be nuked to oblivion.
Hmmm... well, change the 1930's to the 1990's and then 1948 to 1989, and I will agree with you 100%. Sorry, but there has definitely been a lot of good stuff released in the last 60 years. It has seen a revolution in music and the way people experience it. But my thoughts on the last 20 years of music are... not so admiring.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

wibberley

Post by wibberley »

well those last sixty years would of course not include such diabolically revolting acts as the beatles,the rolling stones,elvis presley and bob dylan.we are,of course 1981,reading from the same song sheet are we not?