pop music sucks

Welcome, Mates! Post here for General Discussions on how thoroughly sports suck. In general.
Indurrago

Re: pop music sucks

Post by Indurrago »

i_like_1981 wrote:
Snesgamer wrote:I agree with what you say about pop music in general, but come on, ROCK?

In terms of pop music, rap is far more annoying. Almost like sports, in fact. No substance (computer-generated simplistic and repeating beats, lyrics about violence and "bling", etc.) and far too much of a following.
Rap is irritating, very much so, but the type of music I hate the most is screamo.
Rap may be talentless and encourage teenagers to believe that crime, drugs and misogyny are acceptable, but at least the lyrics are discernable (even though there is nothing to gain from actually understanding any of that drivel!) and the music videos can at times be pretty flash and slick. I could probably tolerate the videos on mute.
Screamo is just awful. Listen to a song called "Get Crunk" by Brokencyde and you will see how it requires absolutely no vocal talent whatsoever and the lyrics seriously can't be discerned without the aid of someone typing them up first. I don't even think that song has proper lyrics. Just people shouting the same things over and over again.
Screamo is a disgrace to the world of music. I am glad to know that Brokencyde are hated by just about everyone who hears their music. Check out their Wikipedia page.

Best regards,
i_like_1981
Word, except rap became so mainstream you heard it nearly everywhere. Maybe this was the case with screamo in the past, cuz honestly I wouldn't know. Rap was the fad I never got into unlike most of my peers, I was puzzled why they liked it. The whole "gangsta" theme, I laughed at, and all those posers when I thought about what real gangsters were capable of. Not to say they're aren't any good rap songs, just as a whole it never appealed to me. I hate screamo too, during this singing contest where this singer made it to the finals just by screaming, I wanted to pull my hair out whenever he got praised and he sent to the next round. No vocal talent I didn't care how "high" he could scream his awful voice it wasn't singing. But screamo just near hit my radar enough for me to dislike it as much a rap. They're like two very annoying noises, one sounds worst but the other you hear much more often.
"We believe in Vader, the Darth almighty, destroyer of Alderaan and the Sith. We believe in Luke, his only son, our Jedi. He was concieved by the power of the Force, and born of the senator Padme. Suffered under Darth Sidius, electrocuted, survived and partied with Ewoks. He descended to the Death Star, on the third hour he flew out in an Imperial ship and landed on Endor. He is seated on the right hand of Obi-Wan's ghost. He will come again to train Leia to be a Jedi. We believe? in Yoda.........:D
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

Yep, good points there. Rap is just for a bunch of wannabe gangsters. Rap fans seem to think the gangsta attitude is something admirable and enviable but really, it's not. That's how these tunes distort young minds. Shame that my memories of days before rap are close to nonexistent, if not completely so. Rap was beginning to enter the mainstream in the late 1980's. As much as I like the 80's, some of the new genres arising at the end of the decade were paving the way for the crap we have today. But screamo I would say has absolutely no merits as music. It really has no tune. If you want the honest to God truth, I'd rather listen to a whole CD of Avril Lavigne music than a single track of screamo. Her "music" might have a tune to it at least, which is far more than anything screamo can offer. But while I'm free to listen to what I want I'll stay away from any of this stuff. The young wannabe punks and gangsters can keep their "music" to themselves!

Best regards,
i_like_1981

Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:i am on the right site am i not? all of us on here hate sports do we not? The reason i ask is that i am being asked by supposed fellow haters as to why to WHY i hate sport so much.surely,its plain to see,it just plain sucks,you must see that.When i ask people if they are getting ready for the prom season starting next month they say no.Dont you listen to anANY classical music? i reply."NO" they remark,curtly.Popular opinion is on their side.Somebody i knew went around chatsworth house not so long back and said they got nothing from it."Did you go around blind-folded?" i replied.how could anyone say anything like that about such a magnificent place.But they do and with impunity and nobody questions it.
You have got a point, wibberley. I myself don't like people talking about nothing but the latest football results and I'm glad England look likely to go down sometime soon. It's a shame that our interests like 70's and 80's and classical music aren't cared about by many but I guess we've got to live with that. Many people whom I'm around are somewhat tolerant of my interests despite the odd joke or prank but I can laugh with that. We've all got to learn to appreciate each other's differences. Nonetheless, keep posting as much as you want. I've been known to have the odd rant myself. And I don't have much sympathy for hooligans who end up severely injured; it tends to be them who start the problems. We agree on several things.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

To be polite, I will say that I do not like pop music. (I love Wagner by the way, if you did not read my introduction)

Reasons:

a) Same bloody bass line.

b) Even if it is not good, it is too repetitive. (Marshal music, on the other hand, is repetitive, but the chord progression is different so makes it interesting, and you can march to it)

c) Even if people may consider good, the repetitiveness is essentially brainwashing- no difference in recordings (as there is only one) unlike classical music, and the repetitiveness is essentially the same thing said over, over, OVER again until you get it. (Knowing this fact, makes me think that either avid pop music listeners are stupid, or they have been brainwashed by the music and their peers to be pop music listeners)

d) Over reliance on electronics. (Singers who cannot even sing, can always rely on autotune. Oh woes)

e) It sounds cheap.

f) It is cheap.

g) Lyrics are a bit... stupid. (British understatement to the maximum)

h) Too interested in physical appearance than the actual metaphysical nature of music. (I still hate their stupid 'fashion')

i) Before you say 'Oh Jazz fits your above description of postive aspects of other music, but Jazz is pop', no it isn't. I respect Jazz for the fact that it is a self changing music, but the basic elements of Jazz does not interest me.

j) Pop enthusiasts look down on classical music, and I hate them for it. I have every reason to look down upon pop music, while pop music have every reason to look up to classical music. This is because without basic musical theory, pop music just wont exist, and there are more skill involved in the creation of classical music than pop coming up with some 'good melody' (AAAAAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) and adding some really childish chord (or progression if it even exists)

k) Pop music is for the so called 'cool' crowd, and it is one of their banner in which they assemble to.

l) Pop music is 'pop' and 'of the time'. Therefore, there are no real artistic connection from one generation to the other. It is slave to the time, and the slaves themselves make the next trend, and it is an endless cycle.
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

well its nice to be back after so long an absense'i was watching the 1923 silent version of' 'the hunchback of notre dame' and was marvelling at the scene where the hunchback played by lon chaney was pouring molten lead and hurling huge lumps of masonery on to the people in the cathedral square below and i thought what a wonderful way to deal with all sports fans
Safety
Sportsman

Post by Safety »

That's ironic, I watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame a few days ago. Only I watched the cartoon version from 1997
"I hold that the parentheses are by far the most important parts of a non-business letter." - D. H. Lawrence
Earl

Post by Earl »

Wibberley, I don't know if you've noticed (the second post above); but our new member The Imperialist agrees with you about pop music. Be sure to read his post.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." -- Oscar Wilde

Go, Montana State Bobcats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRq4_uxM ... re=related
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

once again its great to be back on the forum.reading the rants of fat man is like a breath of fresh air,i thoroughly admire him in every respect and i wish the world were full of people like him.at least he tells things as they really are.i would like to say more stuff but i darent
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:once again its great to be back on the forum.reading the rants of fat man is like a breath of fresh air,i thoroughly admire him in every respect and i wish the world were full of people like him.at least he tells things as they really are.i would like to say more stuff but i darent
You've had your rather forthright moments as well, wibberley. Me, I'm quite a moderate, though I'm definitely not one to try and see the good in the trolls and jocks who come on and launch their idiotic, abusive verbal attacks. Why should we be good to people who mean to do bad to us?

I do like the rants as well. They can go a bit over the top at times and when they're directed at pleasant people with an opposing view, I won't support them. But as far as ranting against bullies, criminals and 4channers is concerned... let them have it. I mean, they deserve it. It's not like their actions don't justify it.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

wibberley

Post by wibberley »

i hate all sports with apassion i hate all popular music after ww2. i think all those who like even the smallest aspect of the former should wind up as victims of the khmer rouge i.e a pile of bones. im sorry,but i hate you all
Skul
Forum Admin

Post by Skul »

wibberley wrote:im sorry,but i hate you all
I'm sorry to hear that, but none of the "true" members here like sports, so what are you talking about?
Forum Rules

SportsSuck.org. Bringing you the truth... no matter how bad it hurts.

Love and Tolerance!
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:i hate all sports with apassion i hate all popular music after ww2. i think all those who like even the smallest aspect of the former should wind up as victims of the khmer rouge i.e a pile of bones. im sorry,but i hate you all
When you said "I hate you all", who are you referring to? Us lot, here on the forum, or those people who like sports and music from the 1950s onwards?

Well, I can assure you that I hate all music from 1990 onwards. Is that good enough? Come on, wibberley. We both like old music, but although my old music is more recent than yours, doesn't mean you should hate me for it. We're both united by one common opinion - the music of today is DIRE!

And I HATE sports as well, for many reasons.

Could you please clarify here? I'm sorry, I don't quite know what you're trying to say.

Best regards,
i_like_1981

The Imperialist

Post by The Imperialist »

Yes, please clarify, and you are now under my suspicion for being a spammer. I mean, your post. It is just not in standard form, and your arguement makes no sese, ergo, you are under suspicion for being a spammer.

If not, you better shape up then.
wibberley

Post by wibberley »

i dont even know what the hell a spammer is.i wouldnt even have a computer if it wasnt for the the fact that not having an email address is downright irresponsible in this day and age.i suppose i was a little hasty in 'hate you all remark' but it strikes me that there are some pretty damn moderates on this site who seem half open to the idea of having a friendly kick about.this compromise must be stopped.it is the thin end of the wedge .all sports and games suck.i vehemently hate them with a passion.
i_like_1981

Post by i_like_1981 »

wibberley wrote:i dont even know what the hell a spammer is.i wouldnt even have a computer if it wasnt for the the fact that not having an email address is downright irresponsible in this day and age.i suppose i was a little hasty in 'hate you all remark' but it strikes me that there are some pretty damn moderates on this site who seem half open to the idea of having a friendly kick about.this compromise must be stopped.it is the thin end of the wedge .all sports and games suck.i vehemently hate them with a passion.
I don't like sports either. I most certainly don't like the violent, intolerant and egotistic attitudes they instil in rather a few people and I definitely don't like being made to feel like a freak and all-round loser for not sharing most people's interests in these games. I don't like the immense hype created around sports in this world; it's become a religion now, and if people don't bow down to the sports gods, they are heathens and must be brought down so they can see the error of their ways! That's how it feels sometimes.

But I don't think that everyone who plays sports is a bad person or a bully. I mean, most of the sports players I put up with in my childhood were downright idiots who had no consideration for the feelings of me or any other kid who would be classed as a "geek", but there are some examples on this site of sports fans who do want to listen, who can have an intelligent conversation, who try to understand our point of view. For that, I can't call them all idiots. I'm sorry if you consider me to be a "moderate", but that's just the way I roll. Gotta play fair. There are a lot of things I hate about sports in their current state today but it's a bit excessive to say that every single person who involves themselves with them in any way is a complete moron.

Best regards,
i_like_1981